…And it’s still freezing out here.
But yes, the infamous PéngöTimes is back. For now. Because of the lack of internet access in the cold depths of Marie Byrd Land, we may not follow the most rigorous publishing schedule. (As I’m sure my former editor at Berich’t could attest to.)
We will keep the site up and running this time, however. After my backup of the last iteration of the Times failed to take, I vow not to let that happen again! (I mean, come on, we lost OPPA-sition Style!) As a first step in that regard, I’ve prepaid hosting for a year (thanks to the lovely guys over at 1&1) and plan to implement an offsite backup system.
With that, here is a list of a few new (and returning) features you can expect from the Times:
- A live results page for any election night fun that might arise, complete with the embedded officially-non-official Talossan Chatzy room, auto-refresh posts and results, many many many graphs that may or may not be truly color accurate (#KAYELLOW), and some funky fresh tunes piped in from WMBL.
- News Bytes! (Also known as that one feature that only Glüc remembered somehow.)
- Local Stories, or, Stories That Will Never Be Understood By Péngöpäts’ Native Inhabitants.
- Spicy Editorials
- Guest Submissions and Stories (Seriously, we’ll publish anything and not pay you for it!)
- Talossan Currency Reviews
- and of course, Manilow Mondays
In addition, there are a few ownership changes to address before we truly get this party started. We at the Times are pleased to announce that 100% of our net profits (and that’s assuming we have any) will be going straight to United for Péngöpäts where it will be divided among charities doing good work for the future of our Antarctic territories.
So there it is, once again a well thought out plan that will quickly be tossed aside in favor of writing the quick and easy stories in the interest of time. At least these were all good ideas though, huh?
Image via www.vpnsrus.com.